Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pooch Connected


It seems like nowadays you can learn to do anything online, even train dogs! But how realistic is it for someone to learn to train dogs online? I can understand getting the basic dog psychology from online classes, and maybe how to teach simple commands, but without the hands on experience is a person really going to be able to go out and train a dog?

    I’m sure this could work for easily trained dogs, Golden Retreivers, Poodles, Flat Coats. But what about dogs with a thicker skull like Rotties, German Shepherds, and Pit Bulls. As well, online classes will only teach you one type of training technique, which may not work with all dogs! I know I say that a lot, but I want to stress it, no two dogs will have the same training needs! 

    So what is your take on this? Would you have an online certified trainer train your dogs? I wouldn’t think online classes would properly prepare someone for the true nature of untrained dogs. Of corse if someone who had already had training experience then took the online course they would have a better handle on things. I suppose it is just a matter of understand and personal hands on experience.




Image © 2010 Baxter Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment